Thursday, January 20, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Pre-Game, February 5

Andy Goolsbee and I reconnoitered The Harp last night in advance of next week's meeting (good news, they still sell beer to people like me and Andy), and saw a poster for the 2011 Rory Miggins Memorial Irish Stew Cookoff and Music Festival, on February 5.  You can learn more about it here:


It's great enough to see that my favorite holiday seems to be starting earlier this year.  Even better, as part of the festivities there's a Guinness Drinking Relay.  I don't know what that is, beyond that it is the coolest thing I've ever heard of.  They're also raffling off what's being touted as a Barrel of Booze.  The mind reels.



The event is from Noon to 6 pm on Saturday, Feburary 5 at the Continental Club.  Andy and I will be there to represent our noble cause; if you have time, stop by and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment